Arsenal news: Reiss Nelson says Hoffenheim loan has made him grow up

Arsenal news: Reiss Nelson says Hoffenheim loan has made him grow up
Arsenal youngster Reiss Nelson believes he has grown up during the German “mission” he’s been on.The England Under-21 international is heading into the final few weeks of his loan spell at Bundesliga side Hoffenheim.Arsenal starlet Reiss Nelson in action for Hoffenheim3
Arsenal starlet Reiss Nelson in action for Hoffenheim
A stellar start, injuries and struggles with the language have sent the Gunners forward on a steep learning curve.He was even dropped from the squad for the 2-1 win over Nurnberg earlier this month which boss Julian Nagelsmann described as an “educational measure”.“I was late to training, I was 20 minutes late, and that’s something I need to learn from,” Nelson said, ahead of England Under-21s’ friendly with Germany in Bournemouth on Tuesday.“You can make mistakes but it’s your job and you shouldn’t be late.“I held my hand up and I said sorry to him and we both moved on as bigger men.The England Under-21 international says he’s matured a lot during his spell in Germany3
The England Under-21 international says he’s matured a lot during his spell in Germany
“He put me in the squad the next week because I’d been doing well.“I’ve been out there for 10 months by myself. It’s not been easy and I haven’t had my mum or my brother about.“I’ve got to do my own shopping, I haven’t got many friends out there but it’s my job and I’m there to play football. “When I do come back I do like to go out with my friends and see family because in Germany I’m on a mission.“I do like to enjoy myself when I’m back but that’s normal for a guy my age.“I don’t get homesick but my family are very good, they’ll fly straight over and my brother will come and stay for a month and my mum will come over any time I ask her.”

LIVE on talkSPORT

There are six live commentaries across the talkSPORT network this week. Find out what they are and where to hear them, below...
  • Montenegro vs England (Monday) talkSPORT
  • France vsIceland (Monday) talkSPORT 2
  • Czech Republic vs Brazil (Tuesday) talkSPORT 2
  • West Brom vs Birmingham (Friday) talkSPORT 2
  • West Ham vs Everton (Saturday) talkSPORT
  • Portsmouth vs Sunderland (Sunday) talkSPORT 2
Six Bundesliga goals in his opening seven games earned the 19-year-old a Young Lions debut in October.He scored twice in his first two games – an impudent backheel helping the under-21s to a 6-0 win over Andorra to wrap up Euro 2019 qualification before netting in a 2-0 victory in Scotland.But since then form and fitness – Nelson suffered a back injury in January – has seen the forward struggle to make an impact and the young Gunner is yet to start in 2019 for Hoffenheim, who are ninth in the Bundesliga.The Arsenal youngster is on a season-long loan at Hoffenheim3
The Arsenal youngster is on a season-long loan at Hoffenheim
He is in regular touch with Jadon Sancho, but while Sancho – who started in England’s 5-0 win over the Czech Republic on Friday – has become a star at Borussia Dortmund, Nelson is pragmatic with his own development.“Football is like that, you dip in form – especially at my age – but the main thing is you keep your focus,” he said, having played 24 times this term.“You know what your targets are. Mine were just to play for Hoffenheim and do well when I get the chance.“I always try to be positive but not expect too much of myself, just have a nice balance.“After injury I was a bit sluggish in training, but with the help from the guys at Hoffenheim, they spoke to me well and nurtured me back in slowly.”

Almiron is on his his way to Newcastle for a medical
Chelsea transfer latest: Bayern Munich confirm they are in

Ramos remains Madrid’s best-paid player despite Hazard’s arrival

Celtic 0-0 Aberdeen: Neil Lennon's homecoming falls flats as Hoops are held to goalless draw. an afternoon of frustration on his return to Parkhead as Celtic were held to a 0-0 draw by Aberdeen.
Celtic 0-0 Aberdeen: Neil Lennon's homecoming falls flat as

This was Chelsea’s fourth Premier League defeat of the season

Manchester United have released their 2018/19 season review DVD, despite enduring a dire campaign. The Red Devils went trophyless for a second successive season and finished sixth in the Premier
'Just a s*** Neil Warnock' - Cardiff City supporters mock

Former Tottenham star Townsend scored as Crystal Palace dumped Spurs out the FA Cup

being frank The former England international has been linked with a return to Stamford Bridge in a managerial capacity Frank Lampard has admitted he will talk with Derby County owner Mel Morris about his future. The Rams boss watched on despondently from the Wembley touchline as Aston Villa secured a return to the Premier League after a 2-1 win
Derby County boss Frank Lampard reveals he will hold talks

David De Gea could leave Manchester United this summer

Transfer news and football gossip: Fulham wanted Wenger, Everton eye Manchester United star, Newcastle takeover claim November 15, 2018 November 15, 2018 0 PAPER TALK
NewsNow: Man Utd Transfer News & Rumours news

Spurs opened the doors to their new stadium in April

Angry Chelsea fan on talkSPORT wants to see 'stubborn' manager Maurizio Sarri sacked Blues supporter tells The Sports Bar he 'can't stand' the Italian and compares him to former Arsenal
Maurizio Sarri won't be Chelsea manager - talksport.com

Tammy Abraham scored 26 goals on loan at Aston Villa this season

This season's average of 32,142 is the first time the figure has risen above 30,000 since they were in the Premier League - and the old bear pit was packed and at its best as Leeds clung on for a

Bolton have endured a season to forget

Liverpool news: Barcelona dealt major injury blow before Champions League semi final however they have a treble to aim for. had to play a full strength team against Newcastle.
Barcelona vs Levante result: Lionel Messi helps Barca wrap up

Game of Thrones star Sean Bean and Neil Warnock have differing versions of the events of 2007

Christian Eriksen has reportedly verbally agreed to join Real Madrid in the summer as the Spanish outfit kick-start a complete overhaul of its team. According to Daily Mail citing AS, the La Liga giants will cough out about £129m to pay for
Flipboard: Eriksen 'agrees to join Real Madrid' with Spanish

Ronaldo completes his hat-trick against Spain

TV Stations. Newcastle vs Liverpool: TV channel, live stream, kick off time and team news for Premier League fixture. thesun.co.uk - Sam Street. LIVERPOOL make the trip up to Newcastle as they look to keep their title dream alive.
Liverpool vs Porto Live Stream UCL Full On Live - YouTube

Claudio Bravo was wildly inconsistent in between the sticks

Managerless Yeovil Town release nine players following their relegation from the English Football League. collapse of Rob Couhig's Two; Read more on Northampton Town 2-2 Yeovil Town
A round-up of the rest of the action in League Two, as Yeovil

No comments:

Post a Comment